1. Luckies of London Scratch Map via The Grommet: A great gift for any globetrotter! Scratch off the places you've been to show off your travels, hang it on the wall for a bit of artistic flair. Because, let's be honest...there's nothing an avid traveler loves more than a map!
2. The Brooklyn camera bag from ONA Bags: The ultimate in style and protection for your favorite adventurer's most prized traveling possession- their camera. Incredibly stylish and incredibly spacious (holds SLR camera, lenses, and personal items), they'll be snappin pics with the best of 'em.
4. 4-in-1 adapter from Flight 001: Is this the most exciting gift on the list? Maybe not. But let's face it- nothing says "I love you and I'm happy we're friends" like giving your buddy the ability to charge their phone in any country. A sure-fire winner.
5. The Vinni Wine Bag via Flight 001: For your favorite wino- this super awesome reusable bag suspends your wine bottle in an inflatable cushion, facilitating easy and convenient transport. Whether they want to bring along their favorite vintage or bring back a new-found favorite- this is the perfect gift.
6. The Around the World Leather Watch from Urban Outfitters: The ultimate timepiece for your favorite traveling chica. It's quarter after Russia, it's noon in Paris, and it's time to start traveling.
7. The Jackery Giant portable charger from Jackery USA: One of my personal favorites. Relatively cheap for its comparatively large rechargeable power capacity, this charger is a literal powerhouse. It's able to charge 2 devices via USB port simultaneously, holds its charge for 6 months, gives the iPhone an extra 220 hours of power, AND currently on sale at Amazon. Check out the review from Glide Magazine for additional Jackery options.
8. Aviator Flat Metal from Ray-Ban: The classics are classics for a reason. High-quality sunglasses are a travel essential, and hey- it just doesn't get any more classic than Ray-Ban. Stylish. Practical. Perfection- we all win.
9. The GE 50246 Smart Home Door Stop Alarm via Amazon: So your adventurous compadre is off on a backpacking trip. You've seen the movie Hostel and are obviously extremely concerned for their safety. Solution- buy them this. A battery-powered alarm to tip them off to any possible intruders...and put your mind at ease for the duration of their adventure.
10. The Olympus Tough TG-2 iHS Digital Camera via Amazon: Waterproof, shockproof, crushproof, freezeproof- this camera is practically indestructible and the perfect gift for anyone preparing for an underwater adventure. Very reasonably priced and one of the best rugged cameras on the market (check out this review from Digital Photography Review)- your favorite traveler will love you forever.
12. The Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon: Take it from someone who lugged 3 giant Game of Thrones books around Europe for 2 weeks...a Kindle is a brilliant gift for any book-loving traveler. Hugely praised for it's incredible battery life, excellent lighting, and speedy processor this is by far the e-reader of the year. Your traveling bookworm buddy will love it. (If you're interested, the internet is FULL of rave reviews for the Paperwhite, including this one from PC Mag.)
13. The Victorinox Champion Plus Knife via Amazon: THIS TOOL HAS EVERYTHING- needle, screwdriver, scissors, corkscrew, bottle opener, and so much more- you'll be prepared for anything and everything. Whether you're out in the wilderness and need to chop the head off your fish or you're heading out on the town and need to take care of that pesky nose hair...this is your tool. You'll start to wonder how you ever lived without it! (Plus, a steal from Amazon at 60% off the regular retail price of $100. Doesn't get better than this people.)
14. SleepPhones from Sheep Acoustic: If you've ever tried to sleep with your headphones on or listen to music with your earbuds for 3+ hours, you may have experienced some discomfort if not downright pain. Maybe you'll feel a little silly in your fleece headband turned ultra-comfy headphones...but it's totally worth it for the comfort factor alone. You'll be blissfully listening to music for hours or counting sheep in no time.
Are any of these gifts on your Christmas wish list? What gifts are you giving your traveling buddies this year?